2010 Board Minutes - November
HARBISON COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
MINUTES TO THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
November 30, 2010
The Harbison Community Association Board of Directors held their regular meeting on Tuesday, November 30, 2010. Board Members present were Mr. Hank West, President, Mr. Danny Hood, Vice President/Secretary, Mr. Stanley Seabrook, Mrs. June Cannon, Mr. Ozzie Nagler, Mr. Tom Brower, Mr. Terry Helsley and Ms. Leah Heilman. Absent was Irene Metz. Association staff members in attendance were Dr. Sid Crumpton, Mr. Scott Lynch, Mr. Victor Collins, Mr. Mickey Matney and Mrs. Megan Shealy. Absent for the staff was Golden Floyd.
A quorum being present for the meeting, Mr. West called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
Approval of Minutes
Board Meeting October 26, 2010
After a brief review of the October 26, 2010 Board minutes Mr. Hood moved the minutes be approved per amendments, Mr. Helsley seconded and the motion was passed with a vote of 7 for, 0 against and 2 absent (Mrs. Metz and Ms. Heilman).
Lanny Davis – Home Business (Executive Session)
Dr. Crumpton requested that the board convene an executive session to discuss a legal matter regarding a covenant violation. Mrs. Cannon made a motion to enter into executive session. Mr. Nagler seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Mr. Hood made a motion to adjourn executive session and resume the open session. Mr. Seabrook seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Mr. Nagler reported the following activity:
- Retail Stores at Park Terrace and Harbison Blvd – The proposed retail complex that would replace the former medical facilities at Park Terrace and Harbison continues to work with the DDRC to reach a plan design that will satisfy DDRC requirements.
- Edwin Patterson – Appeal granted of the RDRC ruling on the installation of white vinyl fencing. Mr. Patterson will be allowed to complete the installation of the proposed fencing.
Dr. Crumpton presented to the Board a list RDRC activity for the months of October and November.
Finance Report - Mr. Collins
Through the month of October 2010 Association has collected 83.36% of budgeted assessments.
- Apartments $177,371
- Business $414,691
- Residential $473,343
- Delinquent Collections $103,975
- Collected $1,425,537 through October 2010 that is 87.14% of the overall budgeted goal for the 2010 FY.
- ASE is on pace to reach its budgeted expectations, currently at $38,593 which is approximately $5,000 ahead of last year’s numbers.
- Pool Memberships are the HRC’s most popular item generating $13,180 in income more than doubling last year’s sales at this point.
- The Association has spent 81.74% of the budgeted amount through October 2010.
Recreation Center Report - Mr. Floyd
- Our Jr. Tennis program finished up November 11th but lessons will be ongoing for those interested in continuing through the off season.
- We are currently working on the youth basketball teams for ages 10 and under and ages 12 and under that will start in December 11th. The Adult league 35 years and older finished their season on November 17th.
- Beginning in January 2011 this program will pay the Center for the use of its facilities instead of the 70/30 split that we are currently observing. The monthly rental amount for 2011 will be $100/month and will be renegotiated on an annual basis.
After School Program
- On December 10th the ASE program will be visiting Lakeside Apartments to sing Christmas carols to the tenants there.
- Registration for lessons will begin February for the 2011 lessons.
Red Cross Training
- Two classes scheduled for lifeguard training and CPR training in December.
- Senior luncheon will be held December 8th at noon.
Operational Update - Mr. Lynch
Currently the maintenance department is repainting and replacing the lettering on street signs in the community. This project will be completed by year’s end.
HCA Maintenance crew has begun trimming hedges and working continuously blowing trails two times a week to keep up with the changing of the seasons. Once the leaves stop falling in the near weeks all entrance ways will receive fresh pine straw.
None Scheduled To Be Discussed
2011 FY Budget Presentation
Mr. Collins presented the Board with a detailed review of the proposed operating budget for the 2011 FY which will not require any increase in assessments for residents or businesses. Mr. Collins addressed issues as presented by the Board during the review process.
After a brief discussion of personnel matters in Executive Session Mr. Hood made a motion to approve the budget per amendments. Mrs. Cannon seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
After a brief discussion the Mr. Seabrook made a motion to reappoint the current member of the DDRC to another term. Mr. Helsley seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 6 for, 0 against, 2 abstentions (Mr. Nagler and Mr. Hood) and 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Dr. Crumpton requested that the board convene an executive session to discuss a personnel and legal matters. Mrs. Cannon made a motion to enter into executive session. Mr. Helsley seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Mr. Hood made a motion to adjourn executive session and resume the open session. Ms. Heilman seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
During open session Mr. Hood made a motion to extend Dr. Crumpton’s contract with the HCA for an additional year. Mr. Nagler seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Mr. Seabrook made a motion to adjourn open session. Mr. Hood seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 8 for, 0 against, and 1 absent (Mrs. Metz).
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 PM.
Vice President / Secretary