2010 Board Minutes - October
HARBISON COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
MINUTES TO THE MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 26, 2010
The Harbison Community Association Board of Directors held their regular meeting on Tuesday, October 26, 2010. Board Members present were Mr. Hank West, President, Mr. Danny Hood, Vice President/Secretary, Mrs. Irene Metz, Treasurer, Mr. Stanley Seabrook, Mrs. June Cannon, Mr. Ozzie Nagler, Mr. Tom Brower, Mr. Terry Helsley and Ms. Leah Heilman. Association staff members in attendance were Dr. Sid Crumpton, Mr. Scott Lynch, Mr. Golden Floyd, Mr. Victor Collins and Mr. Mickey Matney.
A quorum being present for the meeting, Mr. West called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
Approval of Minutes
Board Meeting August 31, 2010
After a brief review of the August 31, 2010 Board minutes Mr. Hood moved the minutes be approved per amendments, Mrs. Metz seconded and the motion was passed with a vote of 7 for, 0 against and 2 absent (Mr. Brower and Mr. Seabrook).
No request to address the Board.
Mr. Nagler reported the following activity:
· Pending Approvals
o Retail Stores at Park Terrace and Harbison Blvd – The proposed retail complex that would replace the former medical facilities at Park Terrace and Harbison continues to work with the DDRC to reach a plan design that will satisfy DDRC requirements.
o Lehigh Outfitters – A developer has been working with the DDRC on possible plans to renovate the current building. The building would be converted from a single free standing building to a strip of stores.
o German American Deli – Renovations for the new delicatessen are underway. The restaurant will be moving into the former Sticky Fingers located on Columbiana Drive.
Dr. Crumpton will email the reports to the Board during the week following the meeting.
Finance Report - Mr. Collins
· July 2010 investment of $100K into a 5-Month CD (1.29%) will mature in December 2010. Funds will be reinvested as soon as possible in another CD or potentially a money market account.
· April 2010 investment of $100K matured in September and will be reinvested in the near future.
· Through the July of 2010 Association has collected 78.75% of budgeted assessments.
o Apartments $147,448
o Business $399,950
o Residential $459,205
o Delinquent Collections $100,590
· Collected $1,347,309 through September 2010 that is 82.36% of the overall budgeted goal for the 2010 FY.
· The Association has spent 74.96% of the budgeted amount through September 2010.
Recreation Center Report - Mr. Floyd
o Our Jr. Tennis program continues to be successful. We currently have 14 enrolled in tennis. The season will run October 4th through November 8th.Thecoach is Marshall Bogue the brother of Zach our tennis Instructor. Zach held free tennis lessons for the kids on Thursdays for three weeks.
o We are currently working on the youth basketball teams for ages 10 and under and ages 12 and under that will start in November. The Adult league continues to do well on Wednesday night with ages 35 years and older.
- Our 3-4 year olds T-Ball league continues to be successful. The league finished on October 14
- Our season ended on October 19th. Everyone had a great time in the clinic.
Operational Update - Mr. Lynch
· Lake Woodcross playgrounds wood carpeting has been refreshed to improve the safety as well as appearance of the site.
· The fireboxes for the Recreation Center boilers have been replaced. This will allow the boiler units to operate at maximum efficiency.
· A shower stall in the ladies locker room was recently replaced by Carolina ReBath. The shower stall damage is the result of poorly reinforced foundations for the showers.
· Replaced interior bench system of the sauna with a more sturdy redwood material in hope of longer useful life. In addition to replacing the wood materials maintenance also added extra support columns and stainless steel hardware to further secure and strengthen the structure.
· Currently the maintenance department is repainting and replacing the lettering on street signs in the community. This project is about 50% complete and will be completed in its entirety by year’s end.
None Scheduled To Be Discussed
Columbiana Lakes Easement Request
A motion was made by Mrs. Cannon to amend paragraph 4 of the drainage easement between Harbison and Columbiana Lakes Limited Partnership dated April 14, 1994 and recorded in the Office of the Lexington County Register of Deeds in Book 2975, page 149.
Paragraph 4 is amended to add the following sentence to the end of the paragraph:
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) becomes the owner of Grantor Parcel through foreclosure or deed in lieu of foreclosure, the indemnification provisions contained in the Paragraph 4 shall not apply to HUD; provided, however, this paragraph 4 shall continue to be applicable to all subsequent owners of the property, including a purchaser from HUD.
The remaining terms and conditions of the Easement shall remain unchanged.
Further, Mrs. Cannon moved that Mr. Danny Hood, Vice-President/Secretary of the Harbison Community Association (HCA) be authorized to sign the approved amendment for HCA.
The motion was seconded by Mrs. Metz and the motion passed with a vote of 9 for, 0 against.
Dr. Crumpton requested that the board convene an executive session to discuss legal and contractual matters. Mr. Hood made a motion to enter into executive session. Mr. Nagler seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 9 for, 0 against.
Mr. Nagler made a motion to adjourn executive session and resume the open session. Mrs. Cannon seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 9 for, 0 against.
Mr. Nagler made a motion to adjourn open session. Mr. Seabrook seconded and the motion passed with a vote of 9 for, 0 against.
Meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM.
Vice President / Secretary